21 noviembre 2011

Le boogie #9

Australian bodyboard magazine Le boogie #9 is out and it features our talented aussie rider; Doug Smith. Phil Gallagher is a perfectionist and if somehow a rider is featured in his magazine, it means something! Some words from Phil about the issue: Making this issue however, hovering over a south coast reef in a helicopter piloted by a cowboy, I couldn't help but think that my curiosity has prevailed again as I look for that edge in my work. The results didn't meet my expectations and the wallet is significantly lighter, but it's a fresh angle and far from boring. I also collaborated with photographer Jem Cresswell to make a board camera mount, convinced that we would change the game. It failed, nearly breaking the rider and the spirit of all involved. Now it lives beneath some cardboard boxes in the corner of our studio until I can forgive it and retry after a major design overhaul.

No hay comentarios: